It's easy to lose track of time when you're out enjoying the sun on a beautiful summer day. If you arrive home and realize you haven't eaten yet, these simple but delicious chicken tacos are sure to hit the spot. This easy-to -follow, and highly customizable recipe is perfect for a quick bite on a warm summer evening!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs – cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tomato, diced
- Salt, cumin, chili powder to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 cans (4 Ounce) diced green chilies
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Sour cream (optional)
- Sauté chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add seasoning, vinegar, green chilies, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, onions, garlic and oregano. Simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, warm, and turn over to heat the other side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cilantro, cheese, sour cream and salsa.
What's New in our office?
Stay up to date with what's happening in our office!
Your comfort matters
We take great care to ensure you feel no anxiety in our office.